Easily raise unrestricted funds with Amazon Smile.
More people are shopping online than ever before, and if they’re ordering on Amazon, your organization can earn a percentage of their order through AmazonSmile. While the percentage Amazon donates is small, just 0.5%, the donations earned from the many orders your supporters may make can add up to a substantial amount. No matter the amount, however, you’ll receive unrestricted funds you didn’t have to work hard to raise.
You will receive your disbursement quarterly if it is at least $5.00. It’s important to note that prospective donors can still select your organization when shopping, even if you have yet to register. Amazon will contact you to let you know someone is trying to give through AmazonSmile on your behalf and request you register. Of course, you can avoid this by simply taking the time to register so you’re ready to let your supporters know about this option to give while they’re shopping.
Registering your organization is easy, too. If you are an official representative of an eligible organization, you can follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://org.amazon.com/npo/search/ref=org_sls_ulp_btnr_prt.
- Search for your charitable organization by name or EIN number and then select the organization you represent. Be sure to confirm you are selecting the correct organization, as many charitable organizations have similar names.
- Create an organization administrator account and accept the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement on behalf of your organization.
- Verify your email address (Amazon recommends that you use an email address that is associated with your charitable organization).
- Submit your organization’s bank account information.
- Upload a copy of a voided check or bank statement to verify your organization’s bank account information. Payments are disbursed electronically.
- Promote your participation in AmazonSmile by visiting org.amazon.com, signing in to your organization’s org.amazon.com account and clicking on “Marketing Tools” to obtain a link to a customized AmazonSmile landing page for your organization to use in email newsletters, on your website or in social media posts. Also, access a downloadable website banner and social sharing widgets to reach your Facebook and Twitter followers.
If you had donors who were one step ahead of you, not to worry! Amazon will track and store donations earned in each calendar quarter and disburse those to you once you’ve registered.
As you might imagine, there’s a lot of fine print to pay attention to. Be sure you review the AmazonSmile Participation Agreement closely.
Now, let’s go shopping!
You can reach more donors looking to do good when they declutter. Register for Re.Use.Full today!